There is no doubt that we all need to have difficult conversations at times, perhaps ...
- Speaking to a team member about their performance
- Sorting out problems with colleagues
- Communicating frustrations and needs to management
But many of us are reluctant to start a potentially difficult conversation. Some of us might think, 'What's the point? Nothing I say will make a difference'. Perhaps we worry about making things worse.
Or we might be among those people who are happy to tackle an issue directly, but it doesn't always come across the right way.
If you want to better handle difficult conversations and produce better outcomes, you will appreciate this positive and practical program.
Learn how to:
- Build trust and goodwill when there has been a difficult history
- Increase people's receptiveness to hearing what you have to say
- Handle difficult conversations in more confident and positive ways
- Respond well to defensive behaviour and personal attacks
- More effectively influence the change you want to see
- Preserve relationships and achieve better outcomes
About the presenter
Through his enjoyable, practical and interactive speaking programs, Ken helps people to:
- Build even stronger, more positive and effective teams
- Handle difficult conversations in more confident and positive way
- Enhance their resilience and well-being at work
- Leading his own teams in the government, community and business sectors
- Coaching leaders on how to bring out the best in their teams
- Assisting workplaces dealing with major change, high workloads, and challenging clients
- Counselling people with serious relationship difficulties at home or work
- Writing for leadership journals, association newsletters, and newspapers around Australia
He speaks at conferences and workplaces throughout Australia, particularly in the Government, Health, Education and Community sectors.
He has helped thousands of workplaces to become better at what they do and achieve outstanding results.
With Ken, you can be assured of enjoying a quality speaker. He is a past Qld State President of Professional Speakers Australia where he is accredited as a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) - a recognition achieved by less than 7% of professional speakers.
Ken can tell you what the research says works and keep you entertained at the same time.
You will enjoy his stories, his interactive style, and find his ideas easy to put into practice.
What people are saying
"Ken Warren, was a brilliant speaker. After his program, I took a different approach to the ‘Sergeant’ approach I was considering for a performance-related concern. The team member was able to disclose factors that were contributing, for greater trust to be built, and solutions developed where everyone’s needs were taken into account. Overall, a brilliant outcome!”
Corey Watson, Program Coordinator, ARC Support Services, Launceston
"Ken's session refreshed me on crucial tools that can be utilised both with parties to complaints as well as internal staff and colleague interactions. I particularly enjoyed the strategies Ken generated about communicating concerns in face-saving ways, being receptive to feedback so you can adjust your approach, and moving away from labelling to working together to find solutions."
Nabilla Abdulla, Principal Conciliator. Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland
Wherever you are in Australia, Ken is happy to come to you.
This also allows his programs to be customised to the needs of your workplace.
Contact Ken now for a no-obligation chat about having him speak at your next conference or in-house training day.
He can be contacted through 0406 402 800 or